Current RTG Lectures
Here is a list of lectures sponsored by the Research Training Group (RTG):
RTG PRESENTATIONS: "Modern Tools in Statistics and Applications"
November 17-18, 2016, 10am-12pm, MSB 1147
This two-day series features presentations by PhD students in the RTG:
Thursday Nov 17: Computing
- 10:00am, Clark Fitzgerald, "Introduction to parallel programming in R"
- 10:30am, Nicholas Ulle, "Introduction to R Markdown"
- 11:00am, Benjamin Roycraft, "Big Data packages in R"
Friday Nov 18: Methodology
- 10:00am, Irene Kim, "Introducion to Topological Analysis"
- 10:30am, Ken Wang, "Want less constraints?" Use empirical likelihood method!"
- 11:00am, Jamshid Namdari, "Variable Selection in Ultra-high Dimensions"
- 11:30am, Dmitriy Izyumin, "The Bootstrap - Basics and Applications"
STUDENT-RUN SEMINAR SERIES
The Student-run seminar series for Fall 2016 is organized by PhD Students Irene Kim and Clark Fitzgerald. For the ful list of seminars please visit: www.stat.ucdavis.edu/seminars/student-seminars.html
Sayan Mukherjee (Duke University), February 1-3 2016:
I. Geometry in Inference Monday, Feb. 1, 3-5pm
II. Topology in inference Tuesday, Feb. 2, 10am - 12pm
III. Stochastic topology Wednesday, Feb. 3, 9 - 11am
Location MSB 1147. FULL DETAILS OF THE LECTURES
* * *